Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Oscars: Same Old Stuff

So here are the winners, in the order they were given.

Best Performance By An Actress In A Supporting Role

The Winner: Penelope Cruz
My prediction: Marisa Tomei
Notes: Well, I did have it down to Tomei and Cruz. I picked wrong. o-1

Best Writing, Screenplay Based On Material Previously Produced Or Published

The Winner: Slumdog Millionaire
My prediction: Slumdog Millionaire
Notes: Back On Track. 1-1

Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly For The Screen

The Winner: Milk
My prediction: Milk
Notes: Better. 2-1

Best Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role

The Winner: Heath Ledger
My prediction: Heath Ledger
Notes: Easiest pick of the night. 3-1

Best Achievement In Directing

The Winner: Danny Boyle
My prediction: Danny Boyle
Notes: I am extremely happy he won. 4-1

Best Performance By An Actress In A Leading Role

The Winner: Kate Winslet
My prediction: Kate Winslet
Notes: Oh Hell Yeah. It's about time Kate got one. 5-1 (Could I actually go 7-1?)

Best Performance By An Actor In A Leading Role

The Winner: Sean Penn
My prediction: Mickey Rourke
Notes: Well dang it. Damn You Sean Penn! I told you he was a Hollywood sweatheart. 5-2

Best Motion Picture Of The Year

The Winner: Slumdog Millionaire
My prediction: Slumdog Millionaire
Notes: I am almost as happy to see Slumdog win as I am seeing Kate win. 6-2

Well, what do you know. 6 out of 8. I am nothing if not consistent. For those of you scoring at home, this is the 4th year in a row I have emerged with a 6 for 8 record.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice job! I think Sean Penn is a good actor but I would rather not see him win anything.